Every person who is starting a new business on social media has struggles deciding to separate their social business account from the personal. First, because the fear that represents having a new business or startup that might requires time to grow. How would people understand that is a business? Is there a product on sale? Would your opinions interfere with your sales?
Getting a social personal account separate from the business account on social media depends on the purpose and the objectives planned. It is necessary to wonder: what I want as a brand communicate and attract? It allows you to find a better position for your business in the market. Also, it will be easy to identify the strengths and who you are or what you want to become.
There are advantages and disadvantages both sides. The benefits of having a business account separate are:
- Post constantly about the product, service or interesting fact related to the business at least for three times a week.
- The chance to use the social media tools available. For example, the live video on Instagram stories is a great chance to engage with the community online. Of course, only to share relevant content for the brand with the purpose to sell or find potential clients.
- Getting found. Followers click to the website link from your profile, where also they can find information as email, number, and location. All contact information.
- Better credibility. It looks more professional having a business account that one combined where anyone can identify easily what is about. Also, it helps center a specific audience and grow the business.
- Be open and express opinions. As a brand, you have to be careful about what you say to not hurt anyone feelings. This is part of the brand’s life. Now if you need to say something more personal, then would be better to use your personal account. Religious and political are very sensible subjects.
- Your personal life keeps it in private. Family times, trips, favorite hobbies, all that will be better to share it on your personal account. This is a way to engage with family and friends or keep in touch with people you don’t get to see often.
The negative reason to have a business account separate from the personal account on social media are few but still worthy to mention:
- Takes time to maintain and grow an account. Start over on social media in a competitive field could be risky. Especially of how people would accept the brand. But remember in this case creative and original content is the key to success.
- Keep both accounts unique. Make clear the differences between each other. Communication and content will create the original look.
- Audience split. Sometimes people follow your personal account and not your business or the opposite.
Having a business account separate from your personal account increase the possibilities of building a very trust audience, high engagement, and good sales. While more communicative people is, more chances of increasing the interactions. Personal life is private. Business is business even when you can share interesting facts about whatever you want on the social business account; don’t do it often, or people can be confused.
Let your business be noticed with its own shine. You will see how much your business can grow and increase the sales.
If you’re interested in this or any other Marketing service by 3Metas, contact us at +1 (877) 256-7414 or send an email to [email protected]